Laser Hair RemovalTraditionally, we remove unwanted hair by shaving, waxing, or plucking. These tried and true methods work, but only for a day or two at a time. Rather than continually removing hair through these temporary reduction methods, or spending months or years attempting to reduce hair growth with painful electrolysis, you have the option to permanently reduce the amount of hair that grows in any given area successfully and with minimal, if any, discomfort.
Laser hair reduction is available in both our Rockville and Frederick office locations, with a staff that is highly experienced in providing this innovative treatment. Laser hair reduction is safe and effective, targeting the pigment within hair follicles while leaving surrounding skin intact and healthy.
Much faster and far less painful than electrolysis, laser hair reduction sends pulses of laser energy at about one pulse per second. Each time the light hits hair follicles, a large number are affected simultaneously, even those from which hair has not reached the surface. Electrolysis, on the other hand, addresses hair follicles individually, through the insertion of a tiny needle into an exposed hair shaft, and the subsequent delivery of an electrical charge to disable that follicle. Once the follicle has been treated, the hair is removed with tweezers.
At The Washington Dermatology Center, laser hair reduction is completed in several comfortable visits. Ideal for those with light skin and dark hair, this treatment is performed on skin that has not been shaved, waxed, plucked, or tanned for thirty days. To begin treatment, the area is shaved, and a wand handpiece is directed towards the treatment area. As the laser light is activated, a coolant is applied to the skin. This process continues over the entire treatment area, typically taking only a few minutes to complete.
Laser hair reduction, like any hair removal treatment, is completed in stages. This is due to the fact that "active" follicles are affected by laser light, not those that are resting. Our hair grows in cycles. In order to reap the full benefit of laser hair reduction, subsequent treatments are performed as the follicles go through the complete cycle of hair growth. Usually, optimal results are reached within three to six sessions, scheduled a few weeks apart.
You can throw out your razor and experience freedom from plucking or waxing by receiving laser hair reduction treatment. Contact The Washington Dermatology Center for your hair reduction consultation.
- Laser Hair Removal Frederick MD - Frederick, MD area practice offers quality laser hair removal services
- Is Permanent Hair Removal Possible in Rockville - Is permanent removal of hair possible for patients in the Rockville area?
- How Long Does Laser Hair Removal Treatment Last Frederick - Frederick area patients ask, "How long does laser hair removal treatment last?"
- Laser Hair Reduction Treatment Frederick - Understanding laser hair reduction treatment for Frederick area patients
- Cost and Reviews of Laser Hair Removal Potomac - Potomac dermatologist reviews the cost and expectations of laser hair removal
- Candidate for Laser Hair Removal Rockville - Who is the best candidate for laser hair removal in the Rockville area?
- Permanent Hair Removal Treatment in Frederick - Which doctor in the Frederick area can patients see for permanent hair removal treatment?
- Laser Hair Reduction Rockville MD - Where can Rockville, MD area patients receive laser hair reduction treatment?
- Best Laser Hair Reduction Damascus - One of the best anti-aging treatments is offered by your cosmetic dermatologist in Frederick, MD
- Laser Hair Reduction Effectiveness Potomac - Laser hair reduction effectiveness beats other common treatments in the Potomac area
- Laser Hair Reduction Review Poolsville - Laser hair reduction: a review from your dermatologist near Poolsville, MD
- Laser Hair Removal Maryland - Five benefits of laser hair removal with your Maryland dermatologist
- Laser Hair Removal Reviews Frederick - How laser hair removal reviews stack up with trends for men in the Frederick area
- Laser Hair Removal Review Damascus - Laser hair removal, a review of common beliefs regarding treatment in the Damascus, MD area
- How Long Does Laser Hair Removal Last Urbana - Wondering “how long does laser hair removal last?” Your dermatologist near Urbana, MD explains
- Ideal Laser Hair Removal Ijamsville - Are you an ideal candidate for laser hair removal in the Ijamsville, MD area?
- Laser Hair Removal Treatment Rockville - What you can expect from laser hair removal treatment near Rockville
- Hair Reduction Consultation Frederick - A hair reduction consultant in Frederick helps you enjoy permanent results from laser hair removal
“The staff was really friendly and professional. I barely had to wait to be seen. The doctor was thorough and very knowledgeable. Check out was a breeze!” - Anonymous
Read More Reviews +
Read More Reviews +