Laser TreatmentMillions of people are affected by Rosacea, a disorder that is somewhat similar to acne, with the appearance of redness and irritation. This condition differs from acne, however, there is no clear cause, and further symptoms can develop, such as:
- Red bumps or diffuse facial redness
- Blushing or flushing easily
- Visible blood vessels
- Stinging or burning sensation on the skin
- Highly sensitive skin
- Dry, irritated eyes
One option to treat the redness of Rosacea is with the KTP vascular scanner or "IPL(intense pulsed light)". This non-invasive laser skin rejuvenating treatment is gentle enough to tolerate without anesthesia, although numbing cream is available for those who so desire it. Throughout treatment, which may take up to thirty minutes depending on the size of the area to be treated, a slight warming sensation may be felt. Treating the skin with the KTP laser results in reduced redness, diminished sun spots, and a decrease in visible broken blood vessels. Photodynamic treatments can also be performed for more advanced cases. The light is augmented with a topical product applied to the skin called Levulan. This is 6-aminolevulinic acid and it makes the light more powerful, although there is more downtime post treatment.
Laser therapy may also provide relief from the symptoms of Rosacea. Specifically, this form of treatment is ideal for the removal of unsightly facial veins that may develop due to this common skin condition, or from hormonal changes or the aging process. Laser therapy for unwanted veins, on either the face or the legs, delivers light into blood vessels, where it is absorbed. The blood becomes heated by the absorption of light, and it subsequently coagulates. Without the support of fluid, the treated blood vessel collapses and is absorbed into the body.
Rosacea is a chronic condition for which there may be no cure, but several ways to manage the symptoms. Our professional team is well versed in the diagnosis and treatment of rosacea, including guidance for the avoidance of triggers through lifestyle changes. At this time, this skin condition is thought to have multiple triggers, which include:
- Extreme temperatures
- Strenuous exercise
- Stress, including embarrassment that causes blushing
- Spicy foods
- Certain medications
- IPL Cosmetic Treatment Frederick - Frederick area patients ask about IPL cosmetic treatment for improving conditions such as rosacea
- Laser Treatment for Rosacea Rockville - Rockville area patients can enjoy laser services for the treatment of rosacea
- Laser Skin Tightening in Rockville - Laser skin tightening services in Rockville area with GentleLase
- What is IPL Laser Therapy Frederick? - Frederick area patients ask, what is IPL laser therapy?
- Process of Laser Treatment near me Potomac - What is the process of laser treatment by a dermatologist near me in the Potomac area?
- Viora Radio Frequency Skin Tightening and Cellulite Reduction in Rockville - Viora radio frequency treatment provides skin tightening and cellulite reduction in Rockville area
- IPL Treatment for Aging Spots Frederick - Using IPL treatment for aging spots in Frederick area patients
- Cost and Reviews of Laser Treatment Near Potomac - Dermatologist near Potomac area reviews the cost and benefits of laser treatments for skin rejuvenation
- Laser Treatment for Skin Redness Near Urbana - Is there a laser treatment for skin redness for patients near Urbana?
- Treatment for Sun Spots Near Damascus - Patients near Damascus ask about treatment for sun spots
- Skin Laser Treatment Urbana MD - Urbana, MD area dermatologist offers laser treatments for the skin
- Medication for Rosacea Rockville MD - Rockville, MD gives an alternative to medication for rosacea
- Laser Dermatologist Frederick MD - Dermatologist in Frederick, MD area offers wide range of laser treatments
- Best Treatments for Rosacea Silver Spring - The best treatments for rosacea near Silver Spring consider climate changes
- Treat Rosacea Redness Bethesda - Treat rosacea redness with IPL near Bethesda
- Laser Treatment in Rockville - Laser treatment in our Rockville practice offers patients various benefits
- Laser Treatment Frederick - IPL a gentle laser treatment used in Frederick to improve skin tone and texture
- Symptoms of Rosacea Rockville - Dermatologist brings relief to residents of Rockville suffering from symptoms of rosacea
- Treatment for Rosacea Frederick - Finding the right treatment for rosacea possible with help from your Frederick dermatologist
“The staff was really friendly and professional. I barely had to wait to be seen. The doctor was thorough and very knowledgeable. Check out was a breeze!” - Anonymous
Read More Reviews +
Read More Reviews +