Dermatologist in Frederick, MD answers, “What are the benefits of Botox?”
Facial aging happens to everyone, and in some people, genetics and certain environmental factors such as sun exposure can accelerate the aging process, making you look older than you really are. Fortunately, effective cosmetic treatments can help erase those fine lines and wrinkles to rejuvenate your skin and restore your youthful appearance. Below, Dr. Prussick, Board-certified dermatologist at Washington Dermatology Center, answers the common question asked by his patients in the Frederick, MD area: “What are the benefits of Botox?”
Benefits of Botox for aging skin
As we age, our skin naturally loses elasticity and firmness due to reduced production of collagen and elastin. Sun damage, smoking, dehydration, repetitive facial expressions, and other factors also lead to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. These changes can occur so gradually that you hardly notice them at first, but over time, you may find yourself looking in the mirror and wondering where your youthful skin went.
Botox is a great solution for many of these issues! Even though there is no “fountain of youth,” patients have many options when it comes to reducing the unwanted signs of aging, and Botox is a highly effective treatment for wrinkles. Botox has many benefits for our Frederick area patients:
- It is a neuromodulator that reduces your facial muscles’ ability to contract in targeted areas
- Common treatment areas include frown lines between the eyebrows, wrinkles on the forehead, and crow’s feet by the eyes
- It is FDA-approved and safe when the injections are done by a highly experienced Botox provider such as Dr. Prussick in Frederick
- The treatment only takes a few minutes and a very fine needle is used to minimize discomfort
- Recovery is minimal and there is no downtime
- Even though maintenance treatments are necessary after three to six months, many patients notice that the wrinkles are less severe than before they got Botox injections
Washington Dermatology Center offers many other treatments that patients frequently choose to add to their skin revitalization plan, such as dermal fillers to boost lost volume or laser therapies to minimize the appearance of sunspots or red veins.
Schedule a consultation today!
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of Botox treatment in the Frederick, MD area and whether it is right for you, we encourage you to call Washington Dermatology Center to schedule an appointment. Dr. Prussick and the highly qualified team of professionals can determine whether Botox or other treatments would be best for your individual skin and desired results, and they will develop a customized treatment plan for your unique needs. Call us today at 855-314-1424!Back to Botox Page