Giving your skin the best possible care means consulting with your dermatologist near Kensington
We can easy fail to notice changes in our skin such as bumps, spots, or rashes. The development of such minor conditions may seem miniscule, requiring no treatment. Other, more significant issues may seem as though they do not respond to treatments. In the end, it can be difficult to determine the best approach to treating various skin conditions.
How do you know when you should receive care from your dermatologist near Kensington? It depends on the issue.
Breakouts are common for young adults, but people of all ages may experience troublesome acne. Often, over the counter remedies provide relief. Uncontrolled or unresponsive acne, however, can lead to scarring and requires professional care. An appointment with Dr. Prussick should be made if:
- Breakouts are severe or persistent
- Breakouts occur frequently
- Medication does not help, or it causes further irritation
Eczema appears as patches of itchy, dry, irritated skin that may be extremely sensitive. Eczema is more than a simple rash. It is caused by an autoimmune disorder and the skin responds adversely to certain triggers. Your dermatologist can help you find ways to control this condition.
Rashes can occur for several reasons. Temporary rashes that are mild pose very little concern. Professional care should be sought if:
- A rash persists or recurs
- A rash causes discomfort
- A rash spreads quickly
- There is the potential for spreading
- Blisters develop
- The rash is around the nose, eyes, or mouth
When it comes to moles, there can be more than meets the eye. New moles are a sign of damage to the skin and should be evaluated and monitored. Changes to existing moles should be examined more closely. Signs that skin cancer may be a concern include:
- Uneven edges around a mole
- Asymmetry, if you draw a line across the center of a mole, each side should be balanced
- Moles larger than a pencil eraser should be checked
- Discharge or bleeding from a mole or lesion
- Multiple colors within a mole or lesion
- Changes to a mole’s shape, size, or color
Your dermatologist is not a health care provider to see only in extreme situations. Dr. Prussick can help you maintain your healthiest, most beautiful skin through proactive care. Contact us in Frederick or Rockville for your visit today.Back to General Dermatology Page