Five benefits of laser hair removal with your Maryland dermatologist
For some, unwanted hair is a small nuisance. For others, unwanted hair is a real issue, one that can last a lifetime. Millions of men and women spend a lot of time and money trying to get rid of hair in areas such as the face, chest, back, and legs. Life can be so much simpler when the daily task of hair removal is eliminated. Achieving the goal is possible with laser hair removal.
In the past several years, laser hair removal services have gained immense popularity among both men and women. New and improved laser technology has made the procedure more comfortable, as well as more effective. Patients of our Maryland dermatology practice can now experience their smoothest skin in just about any area of the body, which is the primary benefit of treatment, though certainly not the only one.
- Laser hair removal, performed as a series of treatments, produces permanent results. Studies show that up to 95 percent of follicles treated remain incapacitated after the recommended series of treatments.
- Removing hair permanently saves time and money by eliminating the ongoing need to shave, pluck, and invest in hair removal products or treatments.
- Laser hair removal is a suitable treatment for persistent ingrown hairs, a problem that can be quite uncomfortable.
- Compared to other hair removal treatments like electrolysis, laser hair removal takes less time to achieve results.
- Your dermatologist has ways to improve comfort during the laser hair removal process. As it is, this form of treatment is quite comfortable, feeling only like small snaps on the skin as laser light enters hair follicles. As subsequent treatments are performed and hairs within the follicles change, comfort naturally increases.
Laser hair removal offers a number of benefits, making it an ideal solution for many individuals. Whether you want to achieve complete smoothness in a given area, or you want to reduce hair, we can help you with your hair removal goals. Our team uses the latest technology that has been tested and proven successful at achieving permanent results.
No matter what time of year, it’s always a good time to feel your best. Contact Washington Dermatology Center for more information on laser hair removal.
Back to Laser Hair Removal Page