Rockville, MD doctor describes five reasons to use Botox for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles
One day we’re feeling youthful and free, and the next, we’re noticing the development of fine lines and wrinkles on the face. Aging is a natural process, though many of us would like to avoid it altogether. With cosmetic treatments such as Botox for fine lines and wrinkles, Rockville, MD area men and women can slow the signs in an affordable and non-surgical manner.
What is Botox?
Botulinum toxin type A, sold on the market under the brand name Botox, is a neurotoxin that is used to turn back the signs of aging on the skin. Facial wrinkles and creases that develop due to muscle tension in the face can be effectively addressed using this cosmetic injectable. Dermatologists such as Dr. Ron Prussick of Washington Dermatology Center will inject Botox into the muscles of the face to smooth the skin and turn back time! Botox injections are entirely safe and have been approved by the FDA for cosmetic enhancement.
Five reasons to use Botox for aging skin
Dr. Ron Prussick finds that many patients love the ability to improve their appearance using Botox injections instead of undergoing more invasive procedures such as a surgical facelift. This is especially common for patients who have mild to moderate wrinkles on the face that do not need more invasive treatment. Below are five reasons why our team at Washington Dermatology Center may encourage patients to consider the advantages of Botox:
- Botox is used to help patients look younger longer – Every day, our facial muscles work to show emotion and expression. Over time, these dynamic wrinkles and folds become more permanent on the skin from skin laxity. Botox injections are used as an alternative to surgery to reduce the appearance of these wrinkles and folds on the face.
- Botox is used in other areas of medicine as well – Botox is a very versatile injectable that can be used not only for cosmetic treatments but for treating a wide range of health conditions as well. Botox has been used for the treatment of neck spasms, back pain, chronic headaches, excessive sweating, and even incontinence.
- Botox results are fast – within approximately one week after injections are completed, patients will notice the full results from their injections. Facial wrinkles smooth days after treatment, providing long-lasting results before reinjection appointments are needed.
- Botox does not require extensive recovery or downtime – Because Botox is minimally invasive, patients do not need to schedule time off of work and other activities to recover. This is important to patients with busy lifestyles who want to get right back into the swing of things! This makes Botox highly desirable, especially when compared to surgical interventions that may require weeks of healing and recovery.
- Botox has minimal side effects and risks – Patients who speak to our team at Washington Dermatology Center about Botox will find that this treatment for aging skin has minimal side effects. Most of these are short-term and resolve on their own over a few days, including itching, redness, and swelling at the injection site.
Discover the benefits of Botox and other cosmetic injectables available at Washington Dermatology Center
If you reside in the area of Rockville, MD and want to treat fine lines and wrinkles of the face, we may be able to provide a solution with Botox injections. Cosmetic injectables are popular among both adult men and women, and Dr. Ron Prussick and his associates can turn back time with just one appointment! Call 855-314-1424 today and request an appointment at 6163 Executive Boulevard. We also have another office location in Frederick, MD for patient consideration.
Back to Botox Page