General DermatologyDr. Prussick and each of his associates have the outstanding education, significant experience and state of the art facilities to quickly diagnose all diseases of the skin, hair and nails. Excellent and effective treatment in an efficient and caring atmosphere is our priority. We participate with most insurance plans.
AcneOur team works with patients of various ages to address acne concerns quickly and successfully. Acne is a common condition that may develop in a man or woman of any age or ethnicity. We typically associate blemishes with teenagers, as the surge of hormones during these years makes acne more prevalent. However, as hormones fluctuate at various times in life, such as in women who are taking oral contraceptives, during pregnancy, or even due to stress, one may experience blemishes at any point.
In some instances, acne will respond to over-the-counter topical medication. If within six weeks of regular use, blemishes are still occurring, professional care is advised. The Washington Dermatology Center offers a number of acne-fighting treatments. An individualized treatment program is designed for each patient, based on his or her unique skin care needs and the severity of acne. Some may respond to prescription creams or oral antibiotics, where other treatment programs may include laser therapy, photodynamic therapy, or microdermabrasion.
EczemaAlthough linked to hereditary factors, eczema is a common chronic condition for which there is no precise trigger. This condition is best treated with professional dermatological care, which may include prescription lotions, specific lifestyle recommendations, and adequate moisturizer. Severe cases of eczema may respond to more advanced treatment such as phototherapy.
PsoriasisPsoriasis is a common chronic autoimmune disease that can be difficult to treat. Over the last few years Dr Prussick and others have helped develop many new FDA approved therapies. Flares tend to be associated with triggers such as stress, an infection or a new medication, such as blood pressure pills. Psoriasis can be associated with other autoimmune diseases and other comorbidities such as arthritis, celiac disease, crohn's disease or metabolic syndrome. Treatment for psoriasis is designed around each patient, and may include topical medication, oral or injected medication (depending on severity), and phototherapy. We also use a NBUVB (narrow band ultraviolet B) excimer laser to treat difficult areas such as the scalp, hands and feet.
Warts and molluscumThese fleshy growths are not harmful, but tend to be quite contagious, so early treatment is ideal. Various treatments are available to remove growths, such as cryotherapy (freezing), salicylic acid, or laser therapy, depending on severity.
Issues such as chronic acne, eczema, and psoriasis can leave you feeling embarrassed about your skin's appearance, even to a point of affecting your quality of life. The Washington Dermatology Center has treatments that can successfully clear your skin and improve your self-esteem.
VitiligoVitiligo is an autoimmune disease that causes loss of pigment of the skin. We are one of the few clinics in the area that offers a NBUVB excimer laser to effectively treat this condition.
Contact us today to experience your healthiest skin.
- Rockville Dermatologist - Services provided by a dermatologist in the Rockville area
- Does Acne Treatment Work in Kensington - Patients in the Kensington area ask, does acne treatment through a dermatologist work?
- Find Your Own Dermatologist in Rockville - Find your own dermatologist in the Rockville community
- Wide Range of Dermatology Services in Maryland - Maryland area dermatologist offers wide range of dermatology services for new and existing patients
- Best Skin Care and Treatment in Urbana - For the best skin care and treatment, visit our dermatology center in Urbana, MD
- What to Use for Acne Scars Potomac MD - Potomac, MD area dermatologist describes what to use for acne scars
- Acne Scars Treatment Bethesda MD - Effective treatment for acne scars in Bethesda, MD
- Dermatologist for Acne Frederick - Your dermatologist develops a plan for acne treatment in Frederick that will minimize the risk of scarring
- What is Medical Dermatology Hagerstown, MD - What is the benefit of medical dermatology treatment near Hagerstown, MD for eczema?
- Skin Problems Rockville - Are moles small skin problems that my Rockville dermatologist should remove?
- Skin Dermatology Silver Spring MD - Efficient skin care in our dermatology practice near Silver Spring MD
- Best Dermatologist at Kensington MD - Learn the best ways to care for aging skin from your dermatologist near Kensington MD
- Dermatologist Near Bethesda MD - Your dermatologist near Bethesda MD has a solution to warts
- Acne Silver Spring - Best way to fight acne is with your dermatologist near Silver Spring
- Skin Care Kensington - Giving your skin the best possible care means consulting with your dermatologist near Kensington
- What is Dermatology Rockville - What is the cause of acne, and can dermatology treatment in Rockville clear my skin?
- Dermatologist in Frederick - Do you know when it's time to contact your dermatologist in Frederick?
“The staff was really friendly and professional. I barely had to wait to be seen. The doctor was thorough and very knowledgeable. Check out was a breeze!” - Anonymous
Read More Reviews +
Read More Reviews +